Thursday, June 19, 2008
Illness, What a Pain!
The past couple months (actually many months) have really been a pain, literally. To spare everybody all the ugly details I will just say we have not been to our mission in a while and I have missed many Church meetings, plus other activities and simply not leaving the house. The diagnosis is Chronic colitis. I have never known much about that before. Now I know more than I want to. I still have a couple doctors appointments to go. It evidently takes quite some time to recover, if at all. We are doing everything we can to try and get this under control. It has been a long, painful drawn out experience. I have thus far avoided surgery. I finally was able to go to Salt Lake City yesterday and spend about a half day in the Temple Department. We even stopped to see Mom on the way home. I am grateful for the progress. Shows you what a blessing, fasting and much prayer can do. Not to mention the probiotics, proper diet and a lot of loving care from Michael and phone calls of encouragment from the kids. I am happy to say I am at least taking the first steps on the road to recovery. Thank you family for your support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to go to the temple department. I hope you got Fukuoka (sp?) done. You are in our family prayers and we are excited to see you soon. This time WE will be making the long trip :)
I hope you have a full recovery! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well! I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care.
Post a Comment