It turned out to be such a nice day. I was not able to attend Church because of this strange illness of mine. More about that later. Sunday evening Donny and Christi and the kids brought dinner for Michael and Donny for Father's Day. It was great and we had such a nice evening. The weather was perfect and we sat outside on the deck just at dusk. I felt such peace and love and comfort. This has been an especially tough couple months for me. With busy schedules and such active grandkids we don't get to spend as much time as we would like just being together. So it makes it so special when we can just slow down and enjoy each other. I don't think it should have to take a special appointed day to recognize our father's and husbands, but I guess it is good that we have one, so that we will take that time to reflect on our love for them and their sacrifices for the family. We have a group of mighty fine men in this family and I am so thankful for all of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment