The Holidays are over, the new year has begun. Today, January 20th, 2009 we are getting a new President. A new season of "Idol" has begun. Michael and I have been mostly sick since New Year's and have spent a lot of quiet time at home. Having served for 6 years in the Oakland Temple, five years full time in the Fresno Temple, and now having completed a three year mission in the Temple Department in Salt Lake City, I find myself feeling a little at loose ends. The cycles of our lives take us to interesting places, events, experiences, feelings and ups & downs. We know there is another mission in the future, certainly more than one. It feels a little strange to sleep in and then have no place to go. Strange, but nice at time, scary at others, and exciting too. Being retired is actually new to us, because we really never have been retired. Going from running a business, to moving, to a mission and now to a much slower pace. Fun to think of the possibilities. Travel? Another Mission? Taking some down time? Beautifying our home and surroundings? Writing more in our personal histories? Serving at the temple, the D.I. , the MTC or the distribution center? Serving at the Humanitarian again? All of these things have presented themselves. I guess many of them can be done at the same time. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here. Our families are all grown with families of their own. The nation is struggling. My mind goes everywhere and no where at any given time. The Church is our life and fills our life. We love our life. I guess I can ramble, it is my blog. I seem to notice more of the simple things, the mountains, the beauty of the snow, the ice crystals that have formed from frozen fog (never have experienced that before). I am thankful to have reached and corresponded with more friends and family since finding facebook. The technology age that we live in is a marvel. My mother grows older (90) and so do I. My grandchildren are becoming of age to marry and have children of their own. The cycle of life goes on. Neat plan, this plan that Heavenly Father has. How grateful I am for it.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
put New York on your travel list and stay with your favorite great niece!
Hey, sound good to me. Thanks
Post a Comment